Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 30 - Dust storm

I was woken up by my flatmate at 6am telling me that there was a dust storm outside. Yea, at 6!! I told him to get out or I'm gonna kill him and I went back to sleep :p

Apparently the whole city has been covered by red dust coming in from the desert. Caught the train to work and its dust/sand everywhere. It truly was an amazing sight, not good for your lungs though. The pic above is the view from my office floor at around 9.30am.

Caught up with Joel after work to see the advanced free screening of Surrogate. It's an action movie about people who lived in the near future and are using their own 3D avatar to live normal everyday lives for them while they're laying at home controlling the avatar/robot thing. Things started to go wrong when one of the robots got shot and it also killed the owner. Out comes Bruce Willis to save the world once again:p. It's your typical action movie, not dissimilar to I,Robot. I gave it 3 out of 5.

After the movie we had dinner at a Taiwanese restaurant, iTaiwan, in Chinatown. We'd both never had taiwanese cuisine before and it is actually just like normal Chinese food. We had to use the touch screen to order food there, just like Wagaya. The mains were quite good and I'm deff gonna go back there next time.
x

0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails