Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 29 - (500) days of Summer

I went to Broadway to see a movie tonight after work. I've actually started to like Broadway. It's technically my local mall since it's only around a 15 min walk from my place. It's less busy than Westfield, thank gawd and most of the shops that I frequently visit are all there.

We went to see (500) days of Summer. The movie is about this girl (Zooey Deschanel, cute as always I must say) who has been playing a big part in this guy's life (Joseph gordon-levitt) for 500 days. He really likes her and thinks that she's THE ONE for him but all she wanted from him is to be just friends with benefits. Some parts of the movie hit way too close to home, and there's a part of me that just wanted to slap her. I realise that she told him from the beginning that she just wants to be friends with him and have fun together and nothing else, but COME ON!!! all of the affection towards him and all the intimate times they spent together... IT'S SO UNFAIR TO HIM!!!!
Not to mention after they stopped ‘seeing’ each other (I can't say split up coz she makes sure from the beginning that they were only friends, not bf and gf) she started seeing someone else and didn’t tell him, then invited him to an engagement party and didn’t tell him that it was an engagement party!

Even though we can't really blame her for not having the same feelings as him, I still think she mislead him and no matter how nice she seems, she just can't treat him that way. I understand his pain completely:( Good movie overall, I give it 3 and a half out of 5.
x

0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails