Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 20 - Ponyo

I caught up with my friend Luke today, he's a great photographer, and he's going to Japan next month to take some pics. Before he went, I want him to take some pictures of me, so I went to his place and we took some pics there. They all looked amazing btw hahaha. I will post some later on here:)

After that, we went to the beach on the north shore. The weather was sizzling today- 31 degrees, but i stayed in the shade, so no sunburn for me at all, not even tan:P

To keep in with the nautical theme today, we went to sushi train Newtown for dinner and to top it off, we went to see a movie. We saw Ponyo which is a Japanese animated movie from studio ghibli. The movie is a different take of Disney's Little Mermaid (which is my fave Disney animated movie of all time). It was done in hand drawing, so its nothing like all the 3D animated movies that out now. I really really loved the movie:). The colour and the drawings are so intricate and vibrant with tons of imaginative details.

It's really refreshing to watch an old fashioned animated movie, the main characters, Ponyo and Sasuke are so adorable and cute. We saw the subtitled version, which I think gave more authenticity than then dubbed version one. Highly recommended and I gave it 5 out of 5:)
x

0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails