Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 110 - The Storm Warriors

I caught up with Joel tonite for a movie and dinner. Haven't seen him for a while, not since we went to the beach and I got sunburnt. I managed to persuade him to see this chinese movie that is playing in George St cinema. The reason I wanna see it is because Aaron Kwok is in it. He's a really famous HK movie star since I was a kid and I dunno why, but a couple of days ago I was thinking about him and wondering what he's up to/look like now and what do ya know, they're screening his movie. Fate? coincidence? me thinks so.

The movie's called
Storm Warriors, and apparently it's a sequel. After watching it for a few minutes, I realised i've seen the first one but it was like 10 years ago!! I can't believe it took them that long to make a sequel. I actually don't even remember anything from the first movie. Nothing much going on in the movie anyway to begin with. It's one of those movies that you have to see it in the cinema because the special effects are really amazing. The story itself is really simple. Good guys trying to fight bad guy and one of the good guy's becoming evil himself and now they're fighting each other. That's about it really, Poor Joel was a bit bored. Sorry Joel, you can choose the movie next time:P I gave the movie 3 and a half out of 5 based on the special effects alone.
Oh, there was this annoying couple who sat right behind me and kept on talking nonstop during the whole movie, How frickin' annoying!! I think he actually read along the subtitles loudly. He just wouldn't stop yapping and sometimes he added a special effect sounds himself.

Back to Aaron Kwok, OMG!!! he looked exactly the same like when I first saw him in the movie 20 years ago!! I can't see any wrinkles watsoever on his face. He's 44 yrs old according to wikipedia and he looked late 20's early 30's. It's insane! Same with his co-star Ekin chen. I remembered when I was in year 6 and he's already playing a school teacher, but now he still looked exactly the same from many many yrs ago. I dunno what those two have done but its def done really good, and I def want their plastic surgeons number!

We had dinner at Delima after. I promised to take him there ages ago and he said he enjoyed the food. I've been there so many times the waitress has started to recognise me hahaha. Good food makes a repeat customer I say:P
x

0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails