Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 95 - A Serious Man

So I went to Newtown to see A Serious Man with Phil. I didn't know anything about the movie, but Phil wanted to see it because it's the Coen brothers' movie. And let me tell you, I still don't know anything about this movie! It's supposed to be a dark comedy movie about this Jewish family man set in the 60's and how he's having so many problems with his work and personal life, but I didn't even find the movie funny at all. It's long and drags and the ending is just lame and weird. I've never seen any of the Coen's movies before, but If they're all similar like this, I don't think I'm interested in seeing it. I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

After that, we walked to
Amazon's grill restaurant nearby to grab dinner. It's a weirdly decorated restaurant with fake torches and fake trees and it kinda has a Hawaii/Miami feel to it. It's really busy though and the music is really loud, so ppl have to scream at each other in order to talk. The food was alright, huge portions. I had this steak and I only managed to eat half of it.
x

0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails