Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 92 - Yum cha and MIKA

Me, Klai and Tash went to Zilver in chinatown for yum cha lunch. I've never eaten there before but boy, am so gonna come back again! The food was good and we definitely got the best table - right beside the kitchen. The food trolley kept on coming every 5 seconds when we hadn't even had time to eat the one on our table yet. Was soo full by the end of it! :)

Then after work, I went to Newtown to see MIKA with Dem and her friend Vicky. He's playing at Enmore theatre. Before I met Dem, I tried to go to my friend's place. The missing friend. No-one is there. Tried to peek from the toilet, theres sandals and soaps and when I tried to look from the kitchen I could see that there's bread on the table. It's not mouldy at all, so someone must be there recently. I left a note under the door before I left, asking anyone whose there to give me a ring. Hopefully someone will ring me.

Back to Enmore theatre, when we got inside something smelt really bad. We thought it was the carpet, or maybe the smoke from the smoke machine. Me and Dem even sniffed the wall trying to figure out where the smell was coming from. Trust me, it was really bad. After a while, the woman beside Dem started talking to her, I had to do a double-take on her face, and I kid you not, this woman had a full on beard with a moustache. She can deff be the face of the Movember.
We then realised that the smell was actually coming from her!! so we moved to the other side of the room 'cause it was really bad. I was so tempted to take a pic of her, we were all wondering how the hell she can afford $90 tix to see MIKA when she can't even afford to buy deodorant or a razor.

Anyhoo, back to MIKA, the concert was really good. The vibe in the room was just pure joy and fun, and he's obviously having a ball too. I saw him 3 years ago when he played at Fox studio and I actually prefered that concert back then, I dunno why, but this one is still good nevertherless. His support band are awesome and he didn't do any covers at all, maybe because he's got enough original material now to do a 2 hour live show. Fun time for everyone :)
x


0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails