Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 50 - Whip it!

I went to see Whip it today at Broadway. The movie is about this small town girl (Ellen Page) who joined the roller derby club by lying about her age and not telling her parents. Her mum (played brilliantly by Marcia Gay Harden) thinks the only way to get to the top is by winning the local beauty pageants. It's a fun low budget (almost indie) movie, and it makes me wanna roller skate again. I give it 3 and a half out of 5 stars.

I used to be a junior athlete in roller skating. I won 4 medals, 2 gold and 2 bronze at the national championship. My parents took us (me and my bro) to club practice every sunday morning. It started at 6.30 am!! But after doing that for a couple of years, I got bored and lazy and just gave up on it completely. Also by that time, roller skating started to lose its popularity and got replaced by in-line skating. I think the last time I used in-line skates was 6 yrs ago. Don't think I'd be any good now.

We went to Kmart for a while after the movie. Since I couldn't find roller skates to take a pic of, I took a pic of the helmets. Always use this when you're skating people!!
x

0 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails