Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 1 - Cheapskate Tuesday

So this is officially my first post..yippe yayyy:) Crack open the champagne bottle:)

I caught up with my friends, Luke, Iwan, and Dean tonight for our cheap tuesday movie, Haven't seen Luke in months actually, so it's good to finally catch up with him:)
We went to see District 9, a movie by Peter Jackson about aliens who got stranded on earth, living as refugees and trying to go back to their planet. It's quite an interesting movie, the special effects look great, not as fake as G.I. Joe.
The movie itself reminds me of Cloverfield, with the faux-documentary style hand-held camera angles, which actually give me a bit of headache, and of course, with movies nowadays, the ending is open for a sequel. Overall, I give the movie 4 out of 5:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw District 9 on Sunday night and it blew me away. I hadn't read up on the flick so didn't know what to expect. Loved the concept and direction. I'd give it an 8/10.

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails